Volunteer Team: Compass Group North America
Community Culinary School of Charlotte (CCSC) is in a need of a technology assessment and plan in order to help them prioritize their technology needs and move their organization forward. They are currently operating without a technology plan or budget. Apparo has matched them with a corporate volunteer team from Compass Group North America. A technology plan will address needed hardware, software, security and policies as well as a budget for recommendations, allowing CCSC to work more effectively and efficiently as they grow. See detailed scope and deliverables below.
Anticipated Project Impact
This Community Impact Project is expected to help improve CCSC efficiency, by:
- Allowing CCSC team to budget for technology
- Standardizing hardware and software
- Improving infrastructure
Community Culinary School of Charlotte (CCSC), founded in 1997, provides Workforce Development training and job placement assistance for adults who face barriers gaining and maintaining successful employment. Our training provides a solution to achieve social and economic objectives – breaking the cycle of poverty while increasing upward mobility of disadvantaged groups.
CCSC’s holistic program addresses the whole person – mind and body. CCSC is the only workforce program in Mecklenburg County incorporating Culinary Arts, Job-Readiness skills, and Life Counseling into its curriculum. Having a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor on staff is a powerful tool that contributes to our recovering students’ successful transitions.
Detailed Scope and Deliverables
The scope of this project includes a technology assessment of the organization’s current infrastructure, operations and technology policies.
The outcome will be a comprehensive assessment, identification of gaps and recommendations that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Infrastructure (network, firewall, internet/bandwidth, telephony)
- IT support and maintenance
- Software applications – (i.e. what are the base platforms we need à what is currently being used, where are there integration opportunities, where is an application needed, what could be used more effectively)
- Data storage/backups
- Technology policies
- How staff works/workflow, collaboration opportunities and where there are inefficiencies and gaps
- Training needs
- Overall technology budget