Metrolina Association for the Blind (MABNC) seeks a corporate volunteer team to help with assessing their current processes of data collection within multiple business applications. The results of this assessment would create a data strategy that includes vision & goals for their database(s) and corresponding applications with recommendations on how to streamline and minimize the number of systems being used.
MABNC has a high level of security and compliances they must adhere to and seek a partner that understands and will them comply with their security and regulatory requirements.
Metrolina Association for the Blind has been providing services to people with blind and visual impairment since 1934. Their two main services are the following:
Vision Rehabilitation Services An individually designed program could include any or all of the following services:
- Case Management
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapy (daily living)
- Orientation and Mobility (travel training)
- Low Vision Services
- Support Services
- Also provide support services such as an aids and appliances store, transportation, and individual counseling.
Accessible Document Services (ADS): ADS is our Braille, Large Print, Audio CD and Accessible PDF Department (earned revenue for the organization).
Accessible Document Services has three main areas:
- Statement Rendering Services: Serving more than 50 U.S. companies monthly by transcribing monthly billing statements and custom documents into Braille, Large Print, Audio CD and Accessible PDF.
- Additional Transcription Services: transcribe other assorted items that include: insurance policies, annual reports, legal documents, employee orientation materials, voter ballots, menus, and personal letters.
- Textbook Mastering and Copy Services: transcribe from standard print to braille and theraform for textbooks