Chatham County Council on Aging – Tech Assessment and Software Selection
Chatham County Council on Aging, a nonprofit which serves as the primary portal for seniors and their families seeking information, assistance and access to services, would like to have a better understanding of their current technology landscape in order to identify system(s) that can continue to move their organization forward.
Chatham County Council on Aging is in need of a technology assessment and then help in selecting a new system(s). A technology assessment and system(s) selection will allow them to work more effectively and efficiently.
The scope of this project includes a technology assessment of the organization’s current infrastructure, operations and technology policies across their organization. The technology assessment areas addressed may include but are not limited to the following: technology infrastructure, support and maintenance, business applications, skilled staff, training, data backups, website, reporting and technology policies.
Additionally, the Chatham County Council on Aging, is in need of an integrated system that will allow collection, sharing, tracking, analysis and reporting of data and other information. There are such systems that are focused on human services and even aging services. They need to determine what system is best for them—given their staffing capability and needs, their resources, the expectations of funders, and their potential growth.
Key project steps:
- Technology assessment – current IT capacity and needs of Council through staff interviews and observation
- Software selection – identifyrequirements,identify available software/IT products/vendors that appear appropriate for the Council (they are aware of several that are used by agencies similar to theirs across the state), guide them through demos and provide software recommendation
Their targeted timeline for completion of this project would be by end of June 2019 if possible. Implementation of recommended changes and system(s) is out of scope for this project. They have a grant from the Triangle Community Foundation ($8,500) to support this effort.
Since 1974, the Mission of the Chatham County Council on Aging is to promote independent living, and physical and mental wellness, through services, supports and activities for and with the population aged 60 and older.
We make it our duty to provide vital services to the older population of Chatham County. Our goals all intend to improve our participants’ ability to live independently.
Our responsibilities within our community are to:
- Provide home-based services, including in-home aide personal care, Meals-on- Wheels or home-delivered meals, minor home repair and the loaning of mobility and assistive equipment, which enable older adults to remain living in their own homes and avoid premature and costly care in a facility.
- Provide health, wellness, nutrition, recreational, educational and social programs and activities at both senior centers, which are State-certified Centers of Excellence.
- Offer quality information and referral assistance, as well as options counseling to support older adults and caregivers in maintaining a high quality of life in the community and understanding what resources are available to help with this.
- Support family caregivers of older adults striving to remain living at home through respite, support groups, training and other means.
- Collaborate with other health and human services agencies, educational institutions, volunteers and professionals to extend health care access to under-served older adults throughout the County, including the provision of medical transportation.
- Raise awareness about the aging of Chatham ‘s growing population and encourage efforts to assure that Chatham remains an age-friendly community where there are opportunities for social and civic engagement, continuous learning, fitness, and an appreciation for the life accomplishments of older adults and their continuing contributions to the community.
- Advocate for older adults and their caregivers on a wide range of matters.