Ever wanted to expand your skillset in a subject like WordPress administration, social media management, or SharePoint? An Apparo training group might be just the kind of hands-on practice you're looking for.
Training groups come in three varieties, each creating a great space for hands-on learning and collaboration:
- Quarterly curriculum-based trainings, typically in 4-part sessions, for a group of 10 to 20 nonprofit staff members and volunteers from a multitude of nonprofits
- Single-session trainings for a group of staff members from one nonprofit
- Single-session trainings for a group of staff members from a multitude of nonprofits
These are often hosted by community volunteers, and occasionally by an Apparo staff member. Locations vary by training, but all are within the Charlotte area.
Check out some past training group subjects:
IT leaders from 10 Charlotte-area nonprofit organizations came together to learn about data breeches, fraud and valuable ways to protect their nonprofits from cybersecurity threats. This 90-minute cybersecurity workshop was hosted and led by the Microsoft Store at Southpark Mall.
- 10 tips to safeguard your business from online security threats.
- Steps you can take to help guard against cyber fraud, and what you can do if you fall victim to it.
- How other small businesses are taking advantage of the latest technology to guard against malicious attacks.
- Microsoft’s commitment to cybersecurity
- Free tools that teach your employees how to work more securely on the Internet
SQL & Power BI
Children’s Home Society teamed up with Apparo to receive SQL and Power BI Training at Microsoft’s Charlotte campus. The training lasted eight hours over the span of one day. Two Microsoft employees trained 5 Children’s Home Society of NC staff members, and the curriculum included brief overviews of Power BI and SQL, along with hands-on training using Children’s Home Society of NC’s unique data sets. Children’s Home Society of NC is using this training to move scattered data to SQL and Power BI to create powerful visualizations to tell stories of success within their organization.
Crisis Assistance Ministry worked with Apparo to receive a 4-hour Office 365 training for their Office 365 Staff “Champions”. RoundTower Consulting’s Microsoft Specialist worked closely with Crisis Assistance Ministry's CIO and the Apparo team to create a curriculum that met the goal of getting Crisis Assistance Ministry’s 12 Office 365 Staff Champions ready to train others in the office and use the Office 365 platform to its fullest. Curriculum and training goals included becoming familiar with Teams, the Planner, and Office 365 on the go.