Mission Possible: The Economic Opportunity Award Program gives local nonprofits the ability to better achieve their missions while increasing economic opportunity in Charlotte (which ranks last out of 50 major cities for ability to escape poverty).
Sponsored by Accenture, the award includes $50,000 in Accenture consulting services, plus a $10,000 cash grant. The award is presented to the nonprofit that submits a proposal for a technology project that best supports the economic opportunity theme.
There is no cost to participate, and all applicants receive up to 15 hours of pro bono advisory services from Accenture for proposal development.
- Check their eligibility.
- Submit a preliminary questionnaire.
- Attend an Art of the Possible session (these are informal consulting sessions with Accenture and Apparo to help refine the project idea and proposal).
- Submit their full application. Collaborative and independent submissions are welcome.
The deadline to enter the running for the 2019 Mission Possible Award has passed. Check back next year for your shot at the prize!
If you attended an Art of the Possible session this year, stay tuned. The award application will be released soon!
To be eligible for the award, organizations must meet all of the following criteria:
- Hold current 501(c)3 nonprofit designation
- Employ at least one full-time paid staff member
- Be located in Mecklenburg county or one of its nine contiguous counties
- Mission may not focus primarily on promoting religious activity or political campaign activity
- Have a minimum annual operating budget of $ 250,000
- Not a recent winner of the Apparo Mission Possible or Website for Good awards (2017 or 2018)
Additionally, each organization must complete an Art of the Possible Workshop (tailored consulting session provided at no cost). There is a limit of 2 attendees per organization.
For a project to be considered, it must be an innovative and technology-based idea and align with at least one of the five award themes:
- Early Care & Education
- College & Career Readiness
- Child & Family Stability
- Social Capital
Mission Possible sponsored by:
Visit a few of Apparo’s past winners below to see how technology has carried other nonprofits from good to great.