April 28, 2007
Ascentia: Power Rising
Digital Ball 2007 energized its VIP hosts, corporate sponsors, and guests.
The event, held Saturday April 28, 2007 at the Westin Charlotte, entertained 300+ attendees from 50 participating companies, and raised more that $300 thousand in cash and in-kind donations to fund NPower Charlotte Region's operations and increase the power to care in the nonprofit community. Guests felt the momentum created as Charlotte's technology community added their energy to NPower.
Digital Ball 2007 was a powerful mix of energy, light, and action.
2007 Host Committee
- Co-Chair Ruth Shaw, Executive Advisor, Duke Energy
- Co-Chair Jim Fain, Secretary of Commerce, The State of North Carolina
- Jim Kelly, GCIB CIO, Bank of America
- W. Shaw Drummond, VP and CIO, Blackbaud, Inc.
- John Sternbergh, SVP and CIO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Lynne Scott Safrit, Site Director, Castle & Cooke NC/NC Center for Research
- Cam Faison, SVP and CIO, Charlotte Pipe and Foundry
- Jolanta Zwirek, SVP and CIO, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
- Rob Watkins, CIO, Compass Group
- Joel Lemke, Chairman, Dassault Systemes Americas
- Kevin O'Rourke, IT Director, Domtar, Fine Paper Division
- A. R. Mullinax, SVP and CIO, Duke Energy
- Josh Jewett, SVP and CIO, Family Dollar
- Cecil Smith, Group Executive VP and CIO, First Charter Bank
- Scott Guilfoyle, CIO, Lending Tree, LLC
- Steve Stone, SVP and CIO, Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- Jack Rech, Director, Information Systems, National Gypsum
- Richard McKnight, SVP and CIO, Novant Health
- David Jones, President and CEO, Peak 10
- Michael Brady, SVP and CIO, RealEstate.com
- Suzanne Gordon, VP Information Technology and CIO, SAS
- Sue Kozik, EVP and CTO, TIAA-CREF
- Ken Chinchar, Regional Vice President, TimeWarner Telecom
- Karin Steinbrenner, CIO, University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Martin Davis, Corporate CIO and EVP, Wachovia
- Ted Claypoole, Senior Member, Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice