Apparo is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that provides Charlotte-area nonprofits with business and technology solutions. A CIO Host is a CIO or senior IT executive within a company who lends their support, expertise, and thought leadership, enabling Apparo to serve more nonprofits in need.
Why should you get involved with Apparo?
Your support allows local nonprofits to create more of an impact in the community. You can help Apparo by:
- Lending Apparo a high level of credibility through your participation
- Leveraging critical resources to assist Apparo in transforming and enabling Charlotte’s nonprofits
- Being a strong value proposition for corporate sponsorship of the ConnectivIT Series (formerly the Digital Series)—Apparo’s primary fundraiser
What is the CIO Host Committee?
The CIO Host Committee is a network of CIOs who generously give of their time and resources by participating as Hosts of the ConnectivIT Series, meeting with corporate sponsors and making other important contacts within the CIO community on Apparo’s behalf. CIO Hosts act as an advisor and help foster relationships between the corporate and nonprofit communities.
Time commitment and responsibilities
Your commitment is only a few hours per year.
- Attend and participate in 2 high-level, facilitated networking events with CIO peers and other IT professionals: the CIO Host Reception and the ConnectivIT Cocktail (see dates below)
- CIO Hosts meet and greet Apparo’s corporate sponsors and partners
- When appropriate, CIO Hosts agree to meet one-on-one to discuss potential business opportunities and partnerships
- Attend the celebrated ConnectivIT Ball (formerly the Digital Ball):
- Sponsor a table or half of a table, seated at a sponsored table or special CIO ticket price (max of 2 tickets) apply
- Consider a ConnectivIT Series sponsorship and/or an individual gift
- Optionally attend and participate in quarterly CIO Insight ($75 pp ticket price applies)
- Share knowledge and expertise on specific, trending IT topics.
FY17 ConnectivIT Series Dates
- CIO Host Reception, Thursday, November 3, 2016, Bank of America
- ConnectivIT Cocktail, Cocktail, February 15, 2017, Duke Energy
- ConnectivIT Ball, Saturday, April 22, 2017, Charlotte Convention Center (Limited attendance at all events.)